So funktioniert JustAnswer:
  • Fragen Sie einen Experten
    Tausende Experten in über 200 Kategorien.
  • Erhalten Sie eine professionelle Antwort
    Per E-Mail oder sofortiger Benachrichtigung, während Sie auf unserer Website warten. Stellen Sie ggf. weitere Anschlussfragen.
  • 100%ige Zufriedenheit garantiert
    Bewerten Sie die erhaltene Antwort.
Stellen Sie Ihre Frage an Advokaturbüro.
Advokaturbüro, Rechtsanwalt, LL.M.
Kategorie: Schweizer Recht
Zufriedene Kunden: 3855
Erfahrung:  Gebiete des Schweizer Zivilrechts, v.a. allgemeines und besonderes Vertragsrecht, Erbrecht, Gesellschaftsrecht, SchKG
Geben Sie Ihre Frage in der Kategorie Schweizer Recht hier ein
Advokaturbüro ist jetzt online.

I am a Swiss citizen living in Scotland and do not speak German.


I am a Swiss citizen living in Scotland and do not speak German. Can I get an answer in English to several questions I have relating to matters of inheritance in Switzerland.

Gepostet: vor 5 Jahren.
Kategorie: Schweizer Recht
Experte:  Advokaturbüro hat geantwortet vor 5 Jahren.
Dear JustAnswer-User

Yes, you can ask your questions as well in English. I will try to answer them in English as good as I can. Please notice, that I can only give you advice on Swiss (inheritance) law, but not conerning the Law of England or Scottland.
Kunde: hat geantwortet vor 5 Jahren.

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I need advice on inheritance law in Switzerland. I am a swiss citizen living in Scotland. I have lived here for about ten years. I also have Italian citizenship.


My questions relate to my potential inheritance from my mother. My mother is Italian. She married my father, a Swiss citizen, about 55 years ago. I was born in 1962 and my father died in 1966. My mother has Swiss citizenship only through my father. Until recently my mother lived in Scotland. She bought a house in Lugano last year and moved there. She, as far as I am aware, has sold everything in Scotland and moved her whole life to Switzerland.


My mother has no other children. My younger brother died also in 1966. I have three children by marriage to my Italian husband. We are separated, not divorced. He does not have Swiss citizenship. My children are also Swiss citizens. I have a fourth child with my current long term partner. This child (nine years old ) is also a Swiss citizen. My partner is a UK national. I have no contact with my mother. She refuses to answer e-mails or telephone calls or reply to letters. She does talk to my two oldest children who are 23 and 22 years old. My mother has acknowledged in writing, not notarised, that under Swiss law I am her sole heir. I believe that under the law I will be entitled to 75% of her estate and possibly even 75% of bequests in the 5 years leading up to death. My mother is 75 years old and suffers from severe emphysema. She has also had part of her colon removed. I have been told by my oldest son that my mother intends to disinherit me which contradicts the written statement I referred to earlier. Under the law she apparently cannot do this legally but she could find various ways around the law. The situation has become more complicated by the fact of her close relationship with my cousin, my father's sister's daughter, who lives in California but is also a Swiss citizen. My cousin is apparently advising my mother and has recently broken off all contact with me refusing to answer e-mails. According to my oldest daughter my cousin has access to my mother's email account and has been managing my mother's finances. I asked my cousin if this were true but she refused to answer. I am a little suspicious.


I do not know what my mother's estate is worth but it could be as much as 10 million euros. Perhaps more. She recently sold her substantial shareholdings in the Italian family business for cash. The company is one of the largest private companies in Italy. I suspect that some of the financial transaction would have been declared in Italy and some would have occurred in Switzerland and not been declared. I have no evidence.


My mother has always behaved very strangely towards me since my farther's death in 1966. She was always abusive and neglectful as a parent. I can back this up with some evidence. To some extent I was crippled by this abuse and neglect. The Swiss government took some interest in my welfare, when I was living in Kenya as a child with my mother after my father died, ensuring that my mother fulfilled her obligations as a parent of a Swiss citizen until I reached the age of majority. I have never received any money from my mother. My mother bought a flat (£600,000+cash ) in the Barbican in London for my oldest son about three years ago and is always promising my daughter money. My daughter has so far refused to receive anything from her. I have good relationships with my two oldest children who keep me informed of my mother's health and well being. I have a detailed file of al my attempts over the past years to reconcile with my mother including all of her replies. But as I said, when she moved to Switzerland she refused to have any more contact with me. I wrote to her last October offering to settle with her ie to voluntary give up a part of my legal entitlement to her eventual estate in return for part settlement now. She did not reply.


My question is this. Should I choose to engage a lawyer in Switzerland to represent my interests will I be able to claim some form of assistance with the fees. I am not financially in a position to pay a lawyer from my own resources. I could of course pay legal fees from the eventual inheritance which as I explained could be substantial. Further is there a way that the Swiss state could represent my interests especially in the light of the past abuse?


I need to say that my mother is very agressive in her business dealings and is extraordinarily intransigent.


Ant=y light you could shed on tghis matter would be most welcome.




Kunde: hat geantwortet vor 5 Jahren.
Erneut posten: Antwort kam zu spät.
Kunde: hat geantwortet vor 5 Jahren.
Erneut posten: Antwort kam zu spät.
please can I have an answer to my long question?